Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Dec 21, 2017
The team from GAP SA would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
2017 certainly has been a very exciting year and has certainly kept us all very busy with so much activity going on! Here is just a small list of some memorable moments and events from the year!
- GAP SA turned 20 years old and we celebrated with a 20th Birthday Party and Adoption Day event held at Angle Park which also included both doggy and human cake, entertainment for kids and a Best Dressed Greyhound competition.
- We announced our very first ambassador with Port Power's Ollie Wines coming on board to help us promote our fostering and adoption programs.
- We started popping up in shopping malls around the city including a very special day in Rundle Mall where we had our first Doggy De-Stress Clinic.
- Following on from Rundle Mall we went back to school and took the Doggy De-Stress Clinic to Flinders University to help exam riddled students de-stress.
- GAP SAs Women's Prison Program was seen across the country after being featured in the documentary film 'Prisoners and Pups'.
- We were so excited to be invited to participate in last month's Credit Union Christmas Pageant with 5 lucky greys walking in front of the puppy float. They did so well and looked great!
- GAP SA also appeared on TV screens across the state with 2 live weather crosses and a featured segment on channel 7's Today Tonight!
Add this to numerous Adoption Days, attending local shows including the Royal Adelaide Show, Foster Info Nights and everything in between it has been such a big year - and we wouldn't want it any other way as GAP continues to grow and promote the wonderful breed that is the greyhound.Back to all news