Greyhound Racing SA Ltd is the controlling body for greyhound racing, and for promoting the sport, in South Australia.
Personal information is collected by the company in order to conduct a number of operational functions. These functions include registration of licensed persons, collation of quality assurance survey results from restaurant patrons and customer surveys conducted by our Marketing department from time to time. We comply with the National Privacy Principles which apply from 21 December 2001.
Enquiries in relation to the legislation may be obtained by contacting the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner on – Hotline 1300 363 992 or by visiting the office website on – www.privacy.gov.au
Controllers of personal information
Any personal information provided to Greyhound Racing SA Ltd is controlled by the company at its offices at 55 Cardigan Street, Angle Park, South Australia 5010. Contact phone number is (08) 8268 1211, fax (08) 8268 2870 and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information collected and its use
• Greyhound Racing SA Ltd is required to maintain a register of persons licensed under the Local Rules of Racing. This involves the collection of full names, addresses, telephone numbers and dates of birth of all persons as required under the rules. Police records and character references may be obtained to assist with the licensing process. Permission will be sought from the applicant at the time of the application process.
• Credit card details, including the cardholder’s name, number and expiry date, are required when making payment for restaurant or function bookings.
• Quality assurance survey forms, distributed within Chasers Restaurant, ask for name, address, post code and phone number, which are then added to our database for direct marketing purposes.
• Persons entering competitions are required to provide their name, address and phone number, for direct marketing purposes and notification of winners.
• The Greyhound Racing SA Ltd website does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information via the Internet. Our Internet Service Provider (Chariot) does not record any details or log of visits to the site.
Will GRSA disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Greyhound Racing SA Ltd does not sell, trade or rent personal information to other organisations. Information that is collected is used only for the business and marketing purposes of Greyhound Racing SA Ltd.
Information relating to licensed persons may from time to time be divulged to interstate controlling authorities, upon request, for the purpose of matters contained within the rules of greyhound racing. Permission will be sought from the applicant through the licensing process.
Contact details may be provided to the media, upon request, for the purposes of promoting the sport.
No other personal information will be disclosed to a third party without that person’s consent, unless it is required by law, or under the rules of greyhound racing.
Correction of information
We will try to ensure that information we hold about you which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly notify us of any changes to your personal information. You may ask us at any time to correct information held by us about you, which you believe is incorrect or out of date. We will deal with your request within a reasonable time.
Greyhound Racing SA Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. Personal information is requested to carry out the functions outlined within this document. Failure to provide information requested may prevent the process of licence applications, being unable to forward literature in relation to the nature of your enquiry, or administer any competitions or promotions properly.
Access of information
Any person wishing to access details of personal information that Greyhound Racing SA Ltd holds about them are asked to place their request, in writing, to –
The Privacy Officer
Greyhound Racing SA Ltd
55 Cardigan Street ANGLE PARK SA 5010
Furthermore, complaints regarding the privacy of information that is held are to be addressed in the same manner above.